Community Wellness Network
Yoga and fitness classes taught by local instructors for our active community.
Urban Poling - Nordic Walking
Urban poling combines an upper body technique similar to cross-country skiing with the lower body technique of regular walking.
- is a preferred exercise of millions of people
- improves health and longevity
- is easy and low-impact
- convenient and non-intimidating
- can be performed by all ages and fitness levels
- can be practiced anywhere.
- improves balance and increases confidence during walking.
- improves posture, strengthens major muscle groups, and increases lateral spine stability
- eases hill climbing and provides downhill stability
- promotes a more normal gait pattern compared to a cane
- lessens stress to hips, knees and ankles
- uses 90% of the body’s muscles including the core.
We meet Wednesday afternoon (during Winter months) at 1:30pm by the valley zoo entrance, and 9:30 when it's warm. Usually we go for 1 1/2 hours, approx. 7000 steps.
Laurier Heights Community provides poles if you need them, please contact first.
It is fun to walk with a group!
Free Outdoor Swim
The City of Edmonton is offering free admission to all outdoor pools this summer again.
Fall/Winter Swimming In the past Laurier Heights has participated in Community Swim at Jasper Place Pool. With the current closure for renovations we will not offer community league swimming this fall/winter. Click here for information about how your membership can work for you with the Community League Wellness Program